Athlete from Waterbeach looking for local brands to advertise on his kit in aid of EACH charity at Triathlon World Championships in Switzerland
- Credit: EACH
An athlete from Waterbeach is appealing to local businesses to advertise on his kit ahead of the Triathlon World Championships held in Switzerland.
Jonathon Clarke will be flying the flag for Great Britain at the prestigious sports event which takes place later this year and aims to raise more for East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices.
The 35-year-old, who has only been completing in triathlons for two years, is auctioning off an ad space on his kit which will be seen by hundreds of thousands of people.
He said: “Being fortunate enough to compete for Great Britain in my age group, I wanted to offer my kit sponsorship logo spaces to help raise awareness for EACH.
“Hopefully, through this great opportunity, we can raise enough money to pay for a day of care and support from EACH in Cambridgeshire - £5,600.”
Emily Rose, EACH Cambridgeshire corporate fundraising assistant, said: “What a fantastic opportunity this is for Cambridgeshire businesses.
“We feel privileged that Jonathon is giving up valuable sponsorship money to help our work caring for children and young people with life-threatening conditions.
- 1 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 2 Villagers can be proud says school head as Ofsted gives thumbs up
- 3 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 4 See inside this Grade II listed former pub with self-contained annexe
- 5 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 6 Three brass instruments worth £20k stolen from church
- 7 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree arrives at Ely Cathedral
- 8 'Energy and hope' on the agenda for new Ely mayor
- 9 Hand clinic offering additional type of treatment for arthritis sufferers
- 10 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
“We wish him all the very best in Lausanne.”
The Triathlon World Championships take place between August 29 and September 1 in Lausanne, a city on Lake Geneva.
Companies that would like to bid for a spot on the kit should email Jonathon at: email@example.com before Tuesday, April 30.