Don’t fret if your water is a bit cloudy and discoloured for now says Anglian Water as they restore supplies to Ely
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of homes in the centre of Ely are getting back to normal after being without water for most of the day.
Anglian Water said in the past few minutes that they had “successfully rerouted water around our network and restored supplies to the area”.
However the company warned that water may be cloudy or discoloured for a while but not to worry.
“We are aware of this and once the burst has been fully repaired, we will be carrying out flushing to remove the air and iron sediment causing the cloudy and discoloured water”.
An Anglian Water spokesman said: “Please rest assured this not harmful to health.”
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman added: “We’re sorry for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.”
“Since it’s in an unusual place, the repair is more complicated to fix, but we’re working hard to get things back to normal as quickly as possible.”
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 6 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 7 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 8 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
One resident tweeted: “Hi @AnglianWater! Is there a known burst water pipe in Ely? We’ve lost cold water downstairs. Thanks!”
Another said: “@AnglianWater we have no water Pasture Grove Ely same for neighbours.”