Investment of £350,000 to install new water main in Littleport - road closures will be in place
- Credit: Archant
A £350,000 investment will see a new water main installed in Littleport to reduce the risk of future bursts and low water pressure in the area.
The work by Anglian Water, set to start on Monday November 4, will see the water main replaced with a new section of pipe, helping to ease future interruptions to supply.
The installation will see 1.5km of pipe laid in the area, and is expected to last for 13 weeks, being completed by the end of February 2020.
In order to allow teams to work safely, road closures will be in place along Ten Mile Bank at different stages throughout the work.
However, access for emergency services and local residents will be maintained at all times.
You may also want to watch:
David Hartley, Anglian Water spokesperson, said: "We're pleased that this vital repair work will help to improve the existing water network in the area, ensuring a more resilient supply for the future."
Teams will be onsite from 7.30am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday, with occasional weekend work to get things back to normal as quickly as possible.
If customers have any queries, please contact the Anglian Water customer service team on 03457 145 145 or visit anglianwater.co.uk/yourarea for the latest information.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 3 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 8 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation