Stunning time-lapse video captures the moment the Strawberry Moon heads over Ely Cathedral
- Credit: Archant
Photographer Andrew Sharpe has created a memorable video showing the remarkable movement of the Strawberry Moon over Ely Cathedral.
Mr Sharpe, of Ely, says his passion is landscape photography “and my spiritual home is amongst the mountains and lakes”.
But his hordes of social media followers also know him for his stunning images – posted regularly – of Ely Cathedral and the changing perspectives it offers to a professional photographer.
He described his Strawberry Moon footage as “a bit rough and ready” but it offers viewers nonetheless a glorious insight into how an unusually hot spell has cleared the skies for night time observation.
The term Strawberry Moon is thought to have come from Native American tribes as the phenomenon occurs towards the end of June and what is generally regarded the peak time for strawberry picking.
You may also want to watch:
While most of us were asleep Mr Sharpe had his cameras acutely focused towards the cathedral and caught perfectly the full moon’s journey.
If you want to catch more of Mr Sharpe’s work head to Twitter and follow him on @SharpeImages_UK.
Or you can find him through Facebook, Linkedin or on Flickr.
- 1 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 6 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 7 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 10 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown