Waste collections suspended following heavy snowfall in Cambridgeshire
- Credit: Archant
Waste collection in East Cambridgeshire is suspended until Monday (March 5).
East Cambs District Council said that because of the “poor weather condition” the waste collection is unlikely to resume until next week.
A spokesman said: “We are triggering our waste contingency plan where next week’s collections will concentrate on removing the backlog of black sacks and blue bins.
“Green bin collections will be suspended for this week and next week to allow us to focus on collecting black sacks and blue bins only.
“In these conditions green and food waste often freezes to the sides of the bin, making it difficult to empty.
You may also want to watch:
“Low temperatures mean that food will not rot and can reasonably be left for another two weeks.
“We will return to our standard schedule on Monday (March 12).
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 9 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 10 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
“Please leave your collections out and we will endeavour to collect them as soon as possible.
“We apologise for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.”