Washing machine catches fire in Church Lane, Littleport

Washing machine catches fire in Church Lane, Littleport

Washing machine catches fire in Church Lane, Littleport - Credit: Archant

A washing machine that was out in the open caught fire in Church Lane, Littleport yesterday afternoon.

One crew from Ely arrived on the scene at 1.10pm to find a washing machine well alight.

Firefighters used a hose reel to extinguish it and returned to their station by 1.50pm.

The cause of the fire was accidental, by appliance.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter