Warwick Davis and daughter Annabelle cut the ribbon at special opening
- Credit: Terry Harris
Celebrity patrons Warwick Davis and his daughter Annabelle were in Wisbech for the opening of a centre that means so much to both.
They were in town for the officially opening of the Annabelle Davis Centre at St Peter’s Lodge.
It was the culmination of a long period of fund raising and effort over the three years since first plans for the centre in Wisbech were announced.
It means the Young People’s Counselling Service now has a base in Wisbech from which to provide support and counselling as a “family resilience centre”.
Its aim is to provide support for families at critical moments in their lives.
Warwick and Annabelle have been supporting the charity since it opened its first centre in Yaxley.
The charity says the Annabelle Davis Centre is a community-oriented place “that we are happy to be sharing with other organisations like The Kite Trust and Centre 33. supporting young people in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough to bring much needed services to the area”.
- 1 'Why not have two stations?' - Villagers air their views on £37m rail project
- 2 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
- 3 Football club hosting 12-hour non-stop charity kickathon this weekend
- 4 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 5 ‘It went excellently’ - annual classic car show returns to city
- 6 Punter walks away from Newmarket £10k richer after placing lucky dip bet
- 7 Firefighters called to rescue horse trapped in Sutton Gault
- 8 Police officer speaks out after violent assault left bleed on brain
- 9 Woman on trial over death of Louis Thorold ‘had worsening dementia’
- 10 Man taken to hospital after falling in city centre
Its spokesperson said: “We cannot express how thankful we are for all donations and pro-bono work we have received to make this dream come true.”