Warning from fire service after chimney catches alight in Littleport

Warning from fire service after chimney catches alight in Littleport

Warning from fire service after chimney catches alight in Littleport - Credit: Archant

A chimney which caught fire in Bell’s Drove, Littleport, yesterday afternoon required a team of firefighters.

Firefighters, who were called to the incident at 2.07pm, used a hose reel to extinguish the fire and a thermal imaging camera to check the hot spots.

A fire service spokesman said: “Please ensure you keep your chimney swept regularly and brickwork inspected at least once a year to help prevent a chimney fire.”

They returned to the station by 4.09pm.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter