Warning from fire service after chimney catches alight in Littleport
- Credit: Archant
A chimney which caught fire in Bell’s Drove, Littleport, yesterday afternoon required a team of firefighters.
Firefighters, who were called to the incident at 2.07pm, used a hose reel to extinguish the fire and a thermal imaging camera to check the hot spots.
A fire service spokesman said: “Please ensure you keep your chimney swept regularly and brickwork inspected at least once a year to help prevent a chimney fire.”
They returned to the station by 4.09pm.