War-zone’ warning after city vandalism
VANDALS smashed walls and broke a window in Back Hill and Station Road in Ely. Police officers were called to the scene at 1am on Friday to discover that two 2ft walls had been demolished and other walls on the street had been damaged. No arrests have be
VANDALS smashed walls and broke a window in Back Hill and Station Road in Ely.
Police officers were called to the scene at 1am on Friday to discover that two 2ft walls had been demolished and other walls on the street had been damaged.
No arrests have been made.
This is the latest in a wave of vandalism that has swept Ely and Soham, during which a man was stabbed in the hand after confronting two men he saw slashing the tyres of his car, as reported in the Ely Standard last week.
You may also want to watch:
One Back Hill resident said: "It's like a war-zone - people have got to the point when they feel they have to take matters into their own hands and somebody could get murdered if it goes on like this.
"Ely relies on its visitors and Back Hill is en-route to the city's primary asset, the cathedral, and people will be turned off coming to the city when they see this sort of thing."
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 9 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 10 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
Anyone with information about this incident should ring Cambridgeshire police on 0845 4564564.