Want to join Ely Cathedral Girls’ Choir? Book your place at a taster day in June
- Credit: Archant
Girls with a passion for singing and a serious interest in music are being offered an opportunity to join Ely Cathedral Girls’ Choir for a taster day in June.
The taster day is being organised by King’s Ely and Ely Cathedral and is open to girls who are currently in Year 5 to Year 10.
Sophie Bell, of King’s Ely, said: “Offering a unique opportunity to perform alongside professional singers, organists and conductors on a daily basis in one of Europe’s finest cathedrals, the choristers receive specialist musical training and an education at King’s Ely Senior, with a fee remission.
“By the time they leave school, the choristers will have gained the expertise and experience needed to carry on to university choral scholarships, professional musical careers, or any other path they wish to follow.”
The event will be held on Wednesday June 15 and is free to attend.
You may also want to watch:
To book a place on the taster day, call 01353 660707 or email email@example.com
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Rail volunteers recognised at awards ceremony
- 10 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines