Wall Of Death Stunt Show Raises Money For Children in Need
LOCAL motorcycle daredevil Ken Fox, treated an intrepid reporter to a spin on the Wall of Death last week to raise money for Children in Need. Wilburton resident Mr Fox, who regularly wows crowds around the region with his famous motorcycle routines, took
LOCAL motorcycle daredevil Ken Fox, treated an intrepid reporter to a spin on the Wall of Death last week to raise money for Children in Need.
Wilburton resident Mr Fox, who regularly wows crowds around the region with his famous motorcycle routines, took Dom Littlewood from the BBC's One Show on a hair-raising ride around the wall on Friday (Nov 13).
The One Show 'daredevil' who was asked to complete the challenge following a public vote. Donations are still being received for the event.
The Fox family have been performing at fairgrounds, rallies and international arenas for decades and were approached to help out with the stunt by the BBC earlier this year.
You may also want to watch:
The Fox family's high octane show takes a full day to prepare, and the family were hard at work in their yard preparing the vast arena ready for the event.
Mr Fox's wife Julie, whose two sons and daughter also ride high powered bikes around the wall, said: "The whole family were really looking forward to the event but I have to admit that they haven't managed to persuade me to ride the bikes yet, I just collect the money!"
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 3 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 4 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 5 Large illegal knife and 45 cannabis plants found in police raid
- 6 Transformation of empty offices into luxury flats well under way
- 7 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 8 College and sixth form's 'gold' rating for 'outstanding' mental health provision
- 9 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
- 10 Photo memories of the late Prince Philip projected onto house
Once the event had finished the family had to hastily dismantle the wall ready for back-to-back exhibitions in Glasgow and Birmingham over the weekend.
6382: Dom Littlewood, with Kevin Fox and fellow presenter Mike Diljer.
Photo: HELEN DRAKE