Wall Of Death Stunt Show Raises Money For Children in Need
LOCAL motorcycle daredevil Ken Fox, treated an intrepid reporter to a spin on the Wall of Death last week to raise money for Children in Need. Wilburton resident Mr Fox, who regularly wows crowds around the region with his famous motorcycle routines, took
LOCAL motorcycle daredevil Ken Fox, treated an intrepid reporter to a spin on the Wall of Death last week to raise money for Children in Need.
Wilburton resident Mr Fox, who regularly wows crowds around the region with his famous motorcycle routines, took Dom Littlewood from the BBC's One Show on a hair-raising ride around the wall on Friday (Nov 13).
The One Show 'daredevil' who was asked to complete the challenge following a public vote. Donations are still being received for the event.
The Fox family have been performing at fairgrounds, rallies and international arenas for decades and were approached to help out with the stunt by the BBC earlier this year.
You may also want to watch:
The Fox family's high octane show takes a full day to prepare, and the family were hard at work in their yard preparing the vast arena ready for the event.
Mr Fox's wife Julie, whose two sons and daughter also ride high powered bikes around the wall, said: "The whole family were really looking forward to the event but I have to admit that they haven't managed to persuade me to ride the bikes yet, I just collect the money!"
- 1 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 2 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 3 Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city
- 4 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 5 Ely Museum team member retires after 16 years' service
- 6 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 7 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 8 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 9 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 10 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
Once the event had finished the family had to hastily dismantle the wall ready for back-to-back exhibitions in Glasgow and Birmingham over the weekend.
6382: Dom Littlewood, with Kevin Fox and fellow presenter Mike Diljer.
Photo: HELEN DRAKE