Walking 50 miles to celebrate her 50th
BURWELL churchwarden Paula Spalding is planning to walk 50 miles for charity to mark her milestone 50th birthday. Paula, churchwarden at St Mary s Church, is hoping her sponsored walk will raise money for the church and Burwell Scout Group during the Scou
BURWELL churchwarden Paula Spalding is planning to walk 50 miles for charity to mark her milestone 50th birthday.
Paula, churchwarden at St Mary's Church, is hoping her sponsored walk will raise money for the church and Burwell Scout Group during the Scout Association's centenary year.
The walk will take place on the weekend of September 15 and 16 and each day will end with a special event - an afternoon tea on the Saturday and a sausage sizzle on the Sunday.
"I would love to raise the equivalent of £50 for each mile walked to help fund the benefits the local community receives from the church and the scout group," said Paula, whose husband and two sons are leaders of the Burwell Beaver and Cubs.
You may also want to watch:
Youngsters from the church and the scout groups have been invited to design a T-shirt for Paula to wear on her walk.
Designs will be judged and a replica shirt will be printed for the winner.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Plans revealed for new A10 pedestrian bridge
- 4 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 5 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 6 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 7 'I feel alive for the first time': Slimmer lost half his body weight in lockdown
- 8 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 9 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 10 Covid-19 vaccine myths ‘biggest challenge’ in progress
INFO: if you want to sponsor Paula, contact her on: 01638 741623.
Photo: HELEN DRAKE.