Walkers to put Best Boob Forward for charity
THE annual Best Boob Forward half-marathon walk returns to Sutton this year on May 12.
Starting out with the sunrise at 5am the event will take walkers from the Glebe, around 13 miles of the surrounding fens and back again for a celebratory breakfast all in aid of Cancer Research UK.
The walk is now in its sixth year and has raised an impressive �16,000 for specific breast cancer research projects run by Cancer Research UK.
The group are keen to raise more money to help the fight against this devastating illness and hope to increase the grand total to more than �20,000 this year.
Liz Thrussell, one of the founder members of the group, said “We really enjoy walking as a group, and to raise money for breast cancer research makes it worthwhile as well as fun.
“All of us have been affected by this illness in some way, either directly or through supporting friends and family who have it. We are also keen to raise awareness of the importance of regular self-checks to ensure early diagnosis.”
Anyone is welcome to take part in the walk, there will be men and women, young and old walking together, some will be wearing pink T-shirts, and carrying pink balloons. There is also an option to walk the last couple of miles from Mepal if you can’t manage the full 13 miles.
- 1 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
- 2 First visit not 'a flying success' but pub deserves second chance
- 3 Sanctuary Housing criticised over empty homes in Ely
- 4 Fire crews called to car fire on railway line
- 5 MP officially begins new era for major UK supplier
- 6 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
- 7 Lorna’s successful plea to remove £3 shower charge for disabled visitors to The Hive
- 8 Hunt is on for arsonists after 5am car fire
- 9 Threat to cancel or 'indefinitely pause' £450m Ely rail upgrade
- 10 'Cuckooing' drug dealer caught with cocaine to the value of £3,670
A donation of �5 is requested to cover the costs of breakfast, vegetarians catered for.
To sponsor the group, please go to www.justgiving.comBBFwalk2012
To get involved please contact Penny Mayo 01353 778625 or
Peter and Helen Malkin on 01353 777224 or firstname.lastname@example.org.