Walkers to put Best Boob Forward for charity
THE annual Best Boob Forward half-marathon walk returns to Sutton this year on May 12.
Starting out with the sunrise at 5am the event will take walkers from the Glebe, around 13 miles of the surrounding fens and back again for a celebratory breakfast all in aid of Cancer Research UK.
The walk is now in its sixth year and has raised an impressive �16,000 for specific breast cancer research projects run by Cancer Research UK.
The group are keen to raise more money to help the fight against this devastating illness and hope to increase the grand total to more than �20,000 this year.
Liz Thrussell, one of the founder members of the group, said “We really enjoy walking as a group, and to raise money for breast cancer research makes it worthwhile as well as fun.
You may also want to watch:
“All of us have been affected by this illness in some way, either directly or through supporting friends and family who have it. We are also keen to raise awareness of the importance of regular self-checks to ensure early diagnosis.”
Anyone is welcome to take part in the walk, there will be men and women, young and old walking together, some will be wearing pink T-shirts, and carrying pink balloons. There is also an option to walk the last couple of miles from Mepal if you can’t manage the full 13 miles.
- 1 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Van driver in ‘life threatening condition’ after crash
- 4 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 5 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 6 Amazing escape for driver in A11 crash
- 7 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 8 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 9 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 10 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos
A donation of �5 is requested to cover the costs of breakfast, vegetarians catered for.
To sponsor the group, please go to www.justgiving.comBBFwalk2012
To get involved please contact Penny Mayo 01353 778625 or
Peter and Helen Malkin on 01353 777224 or email@example.com.