Walkers get up at dawn to walk a half marathon to raise funds for breast cancer charity
THE Best Boob Forward fund raisers hope to crash through the �20,000 barrier this year, after completing their sixth half marathon dawn walk.
Around 30 hardy souls turned out at 5am to walk the 13 mile demanding route that started at The Glebe in Sutton, and toured the highways and byways surrounding the village, including a walk alongside the flooded wash land.
Many of the walkers dressed in pink and carried balloons to show they were raising cash for Cancer Research UK; and some walkers joined the route and Mepal to complete the last couple of miles.
Walkers were welcomed back to the village by village town crier Cyril Redding, and to celebrate the completion of the event, a celebratory breakfast was served for walkers and their families in The Glebe.
Over the last five years, the walkers have raised �16,000 for specific breast cancer research projects run by Cancer Research UK.
You may also want to watch:
There is still time to donate to the group, by visiting their online donation page at www.justgiving.com/BBFwalk-2012
- 1 Independent shop full of fresh food – despite national shortage
- 2 Christmas lights switch-on event cancelled over 'Covid uncertainty'
- 3 Mark's 27 unanswered questions over volunteers to control parking
- 4 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 5 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 6 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 7 Did you bite your husband's leg? ‘No, he knocked all my teeth out- I could not bite his leg’
- 8 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 9 Van driver in ‘life threatening condition’ after crash
- 10 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations