Volunteers will pick and choose areas of Ely to clean up
- Credit: Archant
Ely will hold a ‘Pick and Choose Clean Up’ next Sunday (April 3).
The morning event will give people an opportunity to choose their own area to improve, or join in tidying other chosen areas that are already being planned, including:
The Town Centre and High Street,
The Riverside, and the Maltings Cottage, or Jubilee Gardens.
The pick starts at 10am at the Volunteers’ Centre, 41 Forehill, where materials can be collected.
You may also want to watch:
Then, at midday, everyone will go back to the Volunteers’ Centre to return the black bags where they will be collected and tea and buns - donated by Tesco’s - will be available.
“We already have lots of volunteers from VCAEC, Perspective, City of Ely Council, District Council, Ely District Scouts and Ely Hereward Rotary Club,” said Mayor of Ely Councillor Lis Every.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 9 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 10 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
“The City of Ely Council will be working with Perspective to identify areas which need more TLC than just a litter pick and a ‘to do’ list will be compiled for action by the appropriate agencies.
“We are hoping that once the areas are cleaned, local residents and businesses will maintain the work that has been done by our wonderful volunteers.
“It will be a real opportunity for groups of people to work together to improve areas of the city that need it.
“We hope to get as many people out as possible just before our Eel Weekend,” she added.
For more information please call 01353 661016 or email email@example.com