Volunteers needed to man art gallery in Ely
ARTS charity ADeC is appealing for new volunteers to help out at its flagship gallery in Ely.
A drop-in evening for prospective volunteers is being held at the Babylon Gallery, in Waterside, Ely, on Friday, January 18 from 6-7.30pm.
Gallery co-ordinator Christine Pike said: “We are looking for volunteers to help in the gallery and we particularly need people to invigilate at weekends.
“The Babylon is a much-loved resource which supports the work of local and regional professional artists and craftspeople and it is vital that we can continue to keep it open on Saturdays and Sundays as these are our busiest days”.
Experience of working in a gallery is not necessary, with a friendly manner and an ability to work independently considered more important by the team. An interest in contemporary art would be beneficial but is not essential.
Christine added: “If you would prefer to share with someone else, it may be possible to buddy you up with another volunteer so that you only have to do two hours each. “The Babylon Gallery also welcomes anyone who is interested in supporting the gallery during the week and can help with general administration duties.”
Anyone who would like to find out more can meet some of the staff and current volunteers at the drop-in evening.
- 1 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 4 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 5 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 6 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
- 7 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 8 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 9 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 10 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
INFORMATION: Call or e-mail Christine Pike: 01353 616995 firstname.lastname@example.org