Volunteers needed to man art gallery in Ely
ARTS charity ADeC is appealing for new volunteers to help out at its flagship gallery in Ely.
A drop-in evening for prospective volunteers is being held at the Babylon Gallery, in Waterside, Ely, on Friday, January 18 from 6-7.30pm.
Gallery co-ordinator Christine Pike said: “We are looking for volunteers to help in the gallery and we particularly need people to invigilate at weekends.
“The Babylon is a much-loved resource which supports the work of local and regional professional artists and craftspeople and it is vital that we can continue to keep it open on Saturdays and Sundays as these are our busiest days”.
Experience of working in a gallery is not necessary, with a friendly manner and an ability to work independently considered more important by the team. An interest in contemporary art would be beneficial but is not essential.
You may also want to watch:
Christine added: “If you would prefer to share with someone else, it may be possible to buddy you up with another volunteer so that you only have to do two hours each. “The Babylon Gallery also welcomes anyone who is interested in supporting the gallery during the week and can help with general administration duties.”
Anyone who would like to find out more can meet some of the staff and current volunteers at the drop-in evening.
- 1 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 2 Shoppers rush to help man injured after falling in High Street
- 3 Lockdown easing - 10 pubs and restaurants say welcome back
- 4 Residents 'horrified' by Swastika graffiti in grounds of Ely Cathedral
- 5 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 6 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 7 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 8 Littleport marks Royal British Legion centenary year with moving ceremony
- 9 Man remains in custody after 'firearm and threat to kill' arrest
- 10 Here’s what the post-lockdown pub experience will look like
INFORMATION: Call or e-mail Christine Pike: 01353 616995 email@example.com