Volunteers needed to man art gallery in Ely
ARTS charity ADeC is appealing for new volunteers to help out at its flagship gallery in Ely.
A drop-in evening for prospective volunteers is being held at the Babylon Gallery, in Waterside, Ely, on Friday, January 18 from 6-7.30pm.
Gallery co-ordinator Christine Pike said: “We are looking for volunteers to help in the gallery and we particularly need people to invigilate at weekends.
“The Babylon is a much-loved resource which supports the work of local and regional professional artists and craftspeople and it is vital that we can continue to keep it open on Saturdays and Sundays as these are our busiest days”.
Experience of working in a gallery is not necessary, with a friendly manner and an ability to work independently considered more important by the team. An interest in contemporary art would be beneficial but is not essential.
You may also want to watch:
Christine added: “If you would prefer to share with someone else, it may be possible to buddy you up with another volunteer so that you only have to do two hours each. “The Babylon Gallery also welcomes anyone who is interested in supporting the gallery during the week and can help with general administration duties.”
Anyone who would like to find out more can meet some of the staff and current volunteers at the drop-in evening.
- 1 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 2 Car hits A14 barrier near Newmarket
- 3 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
- 4 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 5 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 6 Retirement complex proposals encounter a sticky situation
- 7 Potamogeton Trichoides has the last word on £6.5m Mepal crematorium
- 8 Village’s community Co-op will open next month after New Year delays
- 9 Win vouchers to spend at supermarket
- 10 Gin could be just the tonic needed for dilapidated farm buildings
INFORMATION: Call or e-mail Christine Pike: 01353 616995 firstname.lastname@example.org