Volunteer open day at Wicken Fen Nature Reserve
- Credit: Archant
Wicken Fen, the National Trust’s historic nature reserve, near Ely, is holding a volunteer open day on Saturday February 18.
The roles available include visitor centre assistants, family discovery guides, cycle hire and boat trip assistants, campsite checker, business support, marketing, Fen cottage guides, to gardening.
Volunteers should be able to commit to a minimum of one day a week. Full training is given and travel expenses are reimbursed.
During 2016, more than 100 regular volunteers at Wicken Fen volunteered for a total of 9,700 hours.
“As a conservation charity we rely on our dedicated team of volunteers in order to run all the activities we undertake at the Fen,” said Isabel Sedgwick, Wicken Fen acting general manager.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a great way to make use of your skills or learn new ones, whilst helping to support our vital conservation work.”
The volunteer open day, which runs from 10.30am until 3.30pm, will offer a chance to chat to staff and volunteers.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 3 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 4 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 5 Letter: Why not use Ely Cathedral as a vaccination centre?
- 6 Fight with weapons outside gym leaves two people seriously injured
- 7 Nobody home as police force entry after reports of drugs activity
- 8 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 9 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
For more information, or to confirm attendance, contact the Visitor Centre on 01353 720274 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or just turn up on the day.