Volunteer open day at Wicken Fen Nature Reserve
- Credit: Archant
Wicken Fen, the National Trust’s historic nature reserve, near Ely, is holding a volunteer open day on Saturday February 18.
The roles available include visitor centre assistants, family discovery guides, cycle hire and boat trip assistants, campsite checker, business support, marketing, Fen cottage guides, to gardening.
Volunteers should be able to commit to a minimum of one day a week. Full training is given and travel expenses are reimbursed.
During 2016, more than 100 regular volunteers at Wicken Fen volunteered for a total of 9,700 hours.
“As a conservation charity we rely on our dedicated team of volunteers in order to run all the activities we undertake at the Fen,” said Isabel Sedgwick, Wicken Fen acting general manager.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a great way to make use of your skills or learn new ones, whilst helping to support our vital conservation work.”
The volunteer open day, which runs from 10.30am until 3.30pm, will offer a chance to chat to staff and volunteers.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 6 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
For more information, or to confirm attendance, contact the Visitor Centre on 01353 720274 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or just turn up on the day.