Volunteer open day at Wicken Fen Nature Reserve
- Credit: Archant
Wicken Fen, the National Trust’s historic nature reserve, near Ely, is holding a volunteer open day on Saturday February 18.
The roles available include visitor centre assistants, family discovery guides, cycle hire and boat trip assistants, campsite checker, business support, marketing, Fen cottage guides, to gardening.
Volunteers should be able to commit to a minimum of one day a week. Full training is given and travel expenses are reimbursed.
During 2016, more than 100 regular volunteers at Wicken Fen volunteered for a total of 9,700 hours.
“As a conservation charity we rely on our dedicated team of volunteers in order to run all the activities we undertake at the Fen,” said Isabel Sedgwick, Wicken Fen acting general manager.
“It’s a great way to make use of your skills or learn new ones, whilst helping to support our vital conservation work.”
The volunteer open day, which runs from 10.30am until 3.30pm, will offer a chance to chat to staff and volunteers.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 3 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 4 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 5 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 6 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 9 Village café battles Covid-19 delays to raise over £1,700
- 10 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
For more information, or to confirm attendance, contact the Visitor Centre on 01353 720274 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or just turn up on the day.