Viva Youth Theatre Presents Buddy Holly In Soham
EXACTLY 50 years since the day the music died , the songs of Buddy Holly will be reverberating around the streets of Soham. Viva Youth Theatre is back, with their youthful blend of musical talents, skill, youth and enthusiasm. This year the Viva Youth
EXACTLY 50 years since the day 'the music died', the songs of Buddy Holly will be reverberating around the streets of Soham. Viva Youth Theatre is back, with their youthful blend of musical talents, skill, youth and enthusiasm.
This year the Viva Youth Theatre has been awarded the accolade of being the only group in the country, professional or otherwise, to be performing Buddy. The show is likely to be going on tour soon, and Viva artistic director Dan Schumann worked closely with the writer to ensure that Viva was able to gain the rights before this happened.
On February 3, 1959, the man who changed the face of popular music tragically died in a plane crash, aged just 22. Now, Buddy - The Buddy Holly Story tells the story of the three years in which he became the world's top recording artist with a show that features more than 20 of Buddy Holly's greatest hits including Peggy Sue, That'll Be The Day, Oh Boy, Everyday, Rave O", Raining In My Heart.
The show will be performed for just one week in Soham, from August 4-7 and then transfer for one week up at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival, at the Sweet ECA venue, from the 9-15. Those who want to relive those amazing songs could do a lot worse than coming to see this amazing, talented bunch of under 25's give it their all. The shows in Soham are FREE and will take place at Soham Village College from 7:30pm each night.
Viva Youth Theatre is a multi award winning youth theatre for young people in Cambridgeshire and Suffolk. Viva has previously performed Little Shop Of Horrors, A Slice of Saturday Night, Fame, and Blood Brothers at The Fringe, gaining four and five star reviews from The Stage, Broadway Baby and Three Weeks. Even The Scotsman gave them three stars. Visit www.viva-group.org.uk for more information.
INFO: August 4-7 at Soham Village College. Starts 7.30pm. Free entry.
- 1 Councils bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 2 OPINION: Soham Station fiasco about to come to a conclusion, or is it?
- 3 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 4 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 5 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 6 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 7 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 8 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 9 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 10 1,800 enjoy free Christmas day out at Ely’s ‘hidden gem’