Viva Theatre Group cooks up a great fund raising idea
WHAT does actress Dame Diana Rigg, prime minister David Cameron and radio personality Paul O’Grady have in common?
They have all shown their support for the Viva Arts and Community Group in Soham, by contributing to a fund raising celebrity cookbook that was officially launched at the weekend.
More than 150 people turned out to support the book launch at The Brook in Soham, and the first 100 books were quickly snapped up by supporters who were also able to sample some of the recipes, prepared by The Brook’s chef.
Viva founder Dan Schumann had spent the summer contacting friends and colleagues within the theatre industry and public figures, to bring together extraordinary recipes and ideas for the cookbook.
After the launch, Dan said: “It was a hugely successful evening. There are still plenty of books left, so please call into Burrows book Shop in Ely or the Viva Centre in Soham and get your copy. They make an ideal Christmas gift.”
You may also want to watch:
The book, which costs �9.99, was sponsored by James Graven Ltd, Thurlow Nunn Standen and SBHH Publishing of Ely.
- 1 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 Car hits A14 barrier near Newmarket
- 4 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
- 5 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 6 Retirement complex proposals encounter a sticky situation
- 7 Win vouchers to spend at supermarket
- 8 Housing first battleground in mayor elections for Cambridgeshire
- 9 Gin could be just the tonic needed for dilapidated farm buildings
- 10 Village’s community Co-op will open next month after New Year delays