Viva Theatre Group cooks up a great fund raising idea
WHAT does actress Dame Diana Rigg, prime minister David Cameron and radio personality Paul O’Grady have in common?
They have all shown their support for the Viva Arts and Community Group in Soham, by contributing to a fund raising celebrity cookbook that was officially launched at the weekend.
More than 150 people turned out to support the book launch at The Brook in Soham, and the first 100 books were quickly snapped up by supporters who were also able to sample some of the recipes, prepared by The Brook’s chef.
Viva founder Dan Schumann had spent the summer contacting friends and colleagues within the theatre industry and public figures, to bring together extraordinary recipes and ideas for the cookbook.
After the launch, Dan said: “It was a hugely successful evening. There are still plenty of books left, so please call into Burrows book Shop in Ely or the Viva Centre in Soham and get your copy. They make an ideal Christmas gift.”
You may also want to watch:
The book, which costs �9.99, was sponsored by James Graven Ltd, Thurlow Nunn Standen and SBHH Publishing of Ely.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 7 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor