Viva the Edinburgh Fringe - Soham theatre group triumphs at prestigious festival
- Credit: Archant
Viva Theatre Group returned to the Edinburgh Fringe Festival this year where they wowed audiences with sell out shows and gained two five star reviews.
It has been a busy week for the cast and production crew at the famous Fringe Festival in Edinburgh. Viva travelled with over 70 people aged 15 and over including cast, production team, volunteers, family, parents and friends for a week of musical fun with Half a Sixpence and Avenue Q.
Viva returned to Greenside Venue where they first performed in 2005 with the show Fame.
Dan Schumann, director of Half a Sixpence, said: “It was a fantastic week and both casts were an absolute pleasure to have on board for the project. With some of our cast returning to the festival, after performing in past years, and the whole cast of Half a Sixpence being new to the scene they gave it everything they had and behaved like true professionals from beginning to the end.”
The Edinburgh Fringe Festival gave the group a chance to perform to a completely different audience as well as performing acappella on the Royal Mile and handed out leaflets to advertise their shows.
Viva returns on Thursday September 24 for their annual open evening where they will be announce the full line up for the coming year.
Viva offers opportunities in the performing arts for the local community, from the age of eight plus, whether it be on stage or supporting backstage in costumes, props and set building.
- 1 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 2 Meet the boat hire firm aiming to become perfect 'stress-free' tonic
- 3 Take a look inside £600,000 period home with 'outstanding charm'
- 4 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 5 Cambridge 'knife-wielder' arrested
- 6 Sanctuary Housing criticised over empty homes in Ely
- 7 First visit not 'a flying success' but pub deserves second chance
- 8 Santas learn how to put the Ho Ho Ho into Christmas
- 9 New deadline for £6m crematorium decision
- 10 Woman who twice ignored 'no fly tipping' signs faces two fines
Anyone interested is welcome to go along from 7pm to 9pm at The Brook Soham on Thursday September 24.
For more information on Viva please visit: www.viva-group.org.uk.
After returning from the Edinburgh Fringe Festival with five sell out shows Avenue Q are not done yet. They will be performing at the ADC Theatre in Cambridge September 10 to 12. Tickets are available online, www.adctheatre.com, or you can call the Box Office on 01223 300085. Tickets are £12/£9 and each performance starts at 7.45pm.