Viva to bring longest-running Broadway musical Fiddler on the Roof to Woodditton
- Credit: Archant
An “immersive theatre experience” of the American musical comedy Fiddler on the Roof will be performed by Viva.
Join the cast in Anatevka in Western Ukraine in 1905 - a poverty-stricken outpost of Imperial Russia, torn apart by prejudice and revolutionary politics.
The production will take place at The Granary Estates, Woodditton, as a new venue for Viva, from tomorrow(November 1) until Saturday.
It tells the story of a mother and father of five girls who make the best of their life as a Jewish family among violence and innocent love.
There will be a live band of 10 players, including the eponymous Fiddler, who learns much of the music by heart in order to join the performers onstage during the action.
You may also want to watch:
During the rehearsal process the cast and crew organised a Shabbat dinner in order to learn more about Jewish culture.
Each attendee brought a dish to share and they welcomed a Jewish lay minister from RAF Mildenhall to demonstrate traditions of the Jewish Sabbath and answer questions from the cast who were eager to learn more about the context of the musical.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 8 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 9 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 10 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
Fiddler is the musical that changed all musicals and held the record for the longest-running Broadway musical for almost 10 years.
The show will take place at 7.30pm.
Tickets are £12.50/ £11.50 for over 60s and £10.50 for under 12s.
Tickets are available via www.ticketsource.co.uk/viva-arts or by calling 0333 666 33 66.