Viva’s Bazaar and Rummage opens tonight at The Brook in Soham
- Credit: Archant
The latest production by Soham theatre group Viva will be performed at The Brook tonight (8), tomorrow (9) and Saturday (10).
Bazaar and Rummage, described as a darkly comic play, was written by Sue Townsend, author of The Adrain Mole Diaries.
Gwenda, an ex-agoraphobic, leads a self-help group of three who have been unable to leave their homes for a variety of reasons.
She forces them to help at a local bazaar, enlisting the support of Fliss, a trainee social-worker.
While sorting through the rummage their individual fears erupt but calm is restored by the ever-sensible Fliss.
As they leave the hall it is apparent their agoraphobia is not cured but they have made the effort.
Performances are at 7.30pm. Tickets, £12.50 each, by calling the box office on 01353 722228 or email email@example.com or go to http://www.wegottickets.com/bazaar-and-rummage
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 Police take a tough stance as begging crackdown continues
- 3 'Normally unacceptable' barn demolition wins green light
- 4 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 5 ‘Wonderful’ Thanksgiving Evensong as Archdeacon steps down from role after 17 years
- 6 Motorcyclist caught ‘speeding over 100mph’ past police near Ely
- 7 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
- 8 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 9 Latino 'feeling' comes together for South American venue on launch night
- 10 Ely by-election after death of 'marvellous' parish councillor
The show is suitable for those over the age of 14. It contains some strong language and sensitive issues.