Viva’s Bazaar and Rummage opens tonight at The Brook in Soham
- Credit: Archant
The latest production by Soham theatre group Viva will be performed at The Brook tonight (8), tomorrow (9) and Saturday (10).
Bazaar and Rummage, described as a darkly comic play, was written by Sue Townsend, author of The Adrain Mole Diaries.
Gwenda, an ex-agoraphobic, leads a self-help group of three who have been unable to leave their homes for a variety of reasons.
She forces them to help at a local bazaar, enlisting the support of Fliss, a trainee social-worker.
While sorting through the rummage their individual fears erupt but calm is restored by the ever-sensible Fliss.
You may also want to watch:
As they leave the hall it is apparent their agoraphobia is not cured but they have made the effort.
Performances are at 7.30pm. Tickets, £12.50 each, by calling the box office on 01353 722228 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or go to http://www.wegottickets.com/bazaar-and-rummage
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
The show is suitable for those over the age of 14. It contains some strong language and sensitive issues.