Viva’s young actors lend a helping hand to raise funds for big production
- Credit: Archant
A group of budding thespians have been lending a hand in local supermarkets to raise funds for its annual production.
Community group Viva helped pack bags in Tesco and Sainsbury’s in Ely over the weekend to raise funds towards props, costumes, wigs and make-up for their upcoming production of ‘Evita.’
The group also sang Christmas carols to customers and raked in an impressive £752.
Hetti Wood, project coordinator at Viva said: “Fundraising is key to any Viva show and our cast members are always up for the challenge. We would like to say a big thank you to both stores and the staff who all welcomed us in and supported us for the day and thank you to the kind people of Ely who let us bag pack for them and popped their loose change into our buckets.”
Evita has a cast of 40 from the age of eight and above and they have been rehearsing since October.
You may also want to watch:
Dan Schumann, founder of Viva and Evita director, said: “Evita is a great show but also a great challenge for our younger cast. They are all working hard and we cannot wait to show the community what we have been working on.”
Evita will be performed at The Brook in Soham for six performances from Tuesday 8 to Saturday 12 March 2016, including a Saturday matinee.
- 1 Plans revealed for new A10 pedestrian bridge
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 'I feel alive for the first time': Slimmer lost half his body weight in lockdown
- 4 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 5 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 6 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 7 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 8 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 9 Matt’s 46-day charity cycle from Burwell to Istanbul raises over £2,000
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
Tickets go on sale in the New Year at the Viva Box Office on 01353 722 228.