Viva’s Street Life Tour takes Littleport on a trip down memory lane into wartime Fenland
PUBLISHED: 14:46 06 March 2017 | UPDATED: 14:46 06 March 2017
Viva has kicked off its Street Life Tour, offering the opportunity to see what life was like in Fenland during World War Two.
The Soham-based arts and community group began its six-date tour in Littleport on Saturday (March 4), with live actors and exhibitions giving an insight into what the town looked like from 1939 to 1945.
The tour will continue in Soham on March 11, before stopping off in Ely, Chatteris and Prickwillow.
The exhibition is free, and dates are as follows:
• Saturday March 11, St Andrew’s Church, Soham 10am-2pm
• Saturday March 18, Ely Market Square, 9am-2pm
• Saturday March 25, Chatteris Parish Church, 10am-2pm
• Sunday April 2, Ely Market Square, 9am-2pm
• Saturday April 22, Prickwillow Engine Museum, 10am-2pm
For more information on the project, visit www.hlfstreetlife.org or www.facebook.com/streetlifehlf.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Ely Standard. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.