Viva’s production of ‘Made in Dagenham’ wows critics and sell-out crowds at Ediburgh Fringe Festival
- Credit: Archant
“Not a weak link in sight” with “a lot of strong performances” is how critics viewed Viva’s production of ‘Made in Dagenham’ as it took its place on the bill at the world-famous Edinburgh Fringe Festival.
The Soham group took their band of talented actors to Scotland for the 11th consecutive year, scoring five-star reviews as its version of the popular stage show wowed sell out crowds.
The cast, who had never performed at the festival before, impressed critics, with the Edinburgh Guide saying there “wasn’t a weak link in sight,” much to the delight of project co-ordinator, Hetti Wood.
“The Fringe Festival is no easy feat as we are performing to strangers who know nothing of who Viva are,” she said.
“We have to be ready for anything and the cast and crew did a fantastic job and took it all in their stride. Viva feels so lucky to be able to continue to offer the opportunities we do in the local area and we are already excited about our plans for 2017.”
You may also want to watch:
The group is now set to take the show to the AFC Theatre in Cambridge for three nights next month.
Tickets for the performances on Thursday 15, Friday 16 and Saturday 17 are between £11 and £14 (£9 and £12 on Thursday) and are available from the AFC Box Office at 01223 300085 or online at www.adctheatre.com
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 7 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 8 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
- 9 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 10 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
For more information on Viva, visit their website at www.viva-group.org.uk or stop by at their open day at The Brook, Soham, on September 27 at 7.45pm.