Viva Arts and Community Group raise £300 to help bring Soham Day Centre to life
- Credit: Archant
Viva Arts & Community Group raised £300 for the new Soham Day Centre scheme at their performances of My Fair Lady.
Their open-air production took place within the grounds of Beechhurst Hall at Soham Village College.
Cast members in costume appeared after the show with buckets collecting funds for Soham Day Centre.
The centre is an initiative from Sohan north ward councillor Carol Sennitt created to combat loneliness and feelings of isolation amongst the elderly residents of Soham and the surrounding areas.
The day centre will operate like a ‘community club’ for the over 60s and will be run by volunteers.
Having passed a vote by the residents of Millbrook House, Soham, the community club will take place there every Wednesday from 10am-4pm. Volunteers are needed to collect and drop participants home by car for elderly residents who can’t get about without transport.
A two-course meal in the Millbrook House dining area will be available for anyone taking part for £7 or participants are welcome to bring a packed lunch.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 3 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 4 Village café battles Covid-19 delays to raise over £1,700
- 5 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 6 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 7 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 8 Village toasts Queen's Platinum Jubilee with a memorable touch
- 9 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 10 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
Carol has already raised funds at Soham Carnival, the Royal British Legion car boot sale and via her JustGiving page. She said she was delighted to receive support from the Viva Arts and Community group.
For more informnation contact Carol Sennitt via firstname.lastname@example.org