Viva Soham to bring much-loved sitcom Hi-de-hi to life in new production
- Credit: Archant
Viva Soham will bring the much-loved sitcom Hi-de-Hi to life at Soham Village College’s Performing Arts Centre from May 28 to 31.
Written by Paul Carpenter and Ian Gower, the stage adaptation of the hugely popular Croft and Perry TV series revisits late 1950s Britain and Maplins Holiday Camp with its host of well-known and colourful characters...
It's the start of the 1959 season and founder Joe Maplin announces that he is setting up a camp in
the Bahamas and needs female Yellowcoats (entertainers) to go and work there.
The annual "Miss Yellowcoat" competition will decide who. Imagine the rivalry!
You may also want to watch:
Camp cleaner Peggy, meanwhile, is thrilled at the prospect of a vacancy for a new Yellowcoat and convinces Entertainments Manager
Jeffrey that she is the ideal candidate for the job. Ted is forced to employ numerous money-making schemes when his ex wife turns up at the camp with a bailiff in tow.
- 1 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 7 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 8 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 9 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 10 Rail volunteers recognised at awards ceremony
Meanwhile, Yvonne and Barry Stuart-Hargreaves send the rumour mill into overdrive when Gladys is overheard escorting Jeffrey into his chalet late one evening. Hilarity ensues! Hi-de-hi, campers!
To book tickets - £12.50 for adults, £11.50 for over 60s and £10.50 for under 12s - visit www.ticketsource.co.uk/viva-arts or call the box office on 01353 722228/ 03336 663366.
Performances start at 7.30pm with doors opening at 7pm.