Viva members get busy packing bags at Sainsbury’s to raise funds as they prepare for Edinburgh Fringe Festival shows
- Credit: Archant
Budding young actors packed bags to raise funds for their upcoming shows at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival.
Over the weekend, Viva was out in force at the Sainsbury’s Ely bag packing, raising £700. A Viva team also ran a tombola at Aquafest.
Hannah Theobald, a cast member from Half a Sixpence, said: “Bag packing at the weekend was brilliant because it gave all of the Viva members the opportunity to share their passion for the musical and theatre company with members of the public who had not heard about Viva before.
“It was great to meet new people, someone even met a guy who had performed Half a Sixpence 20 years ago. All round it was a great experience and really enjoyable.’
Tickets are on sale for the group’s summer production Half a Sixpence, which runs from July 29-31 at The Brook, Soham.
You may also want to watch:
You can book tickets, which are £12, at 01353 722 228 or at www.viva-group.org.uk
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 7 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 Labour backs calls for extra Covid-19 safety measures in schools