Viva Awards 2016 stun hundreds at The Brook, Soham
- Credit: Archant
Viva Soham theatre group held its annual awards ceremony at the weekend.
Guests at the ceremony included Viva president Michael Fenton Stevens, Lisa Goddard, Ian Lavender, Sir David Arculus, high sheriff Jim Paice.
Emma Hatton, who has just finished her West End run in ‘Wicked’ as Elpharba, was a surprise guest and sang ‘Defying Gravity’.
Old and current Viva members performed ‘One Day More’ from Les Mis in tribute to Viva’s musical director, Steve Kenna, who died earlier this year.
A spokesman for Viva said: “What a brilliant evening with awards, performances and being with a fantastic group of people who all work tirelessly throughout the year to make Viva the success it is.
“Thank you to everyone who came along and made it such a great evening.
“Bring on another busy and fun 2017.”
- 1 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 2 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 3 Girl, 7, left heartbroken after beloved rabbits are stolen
- 4 Hand clinic offering additional type of treatment for arthritis sufferers
- 5 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 6 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree arrives at Ely Cathedral
- 7 Princess Anne visits Wisbech's new Citizens Advice Bureau on Cambs trip
- 8 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 9 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Villagers can be proud says school head as Ofsted gives thumbs up
Local photographer Mike Rouse said: “It was just a lovely evening and The Brook at Soham was packed.”