Viva Awards 2016 stun hundreds at The Brook, Soham
- Credit: Archant
Viva Soham theatre group held its annual awards ceremony at the weekend.
Guests at the ceremony included Viva president Michael Fenton Stevens, Lisa Goddard, Ian Lavender, Sir David Arculus, high sheriff Jim Paice.
Emma Hatton, who has just finished her West End run in ‘Wicked’ as Elpharba, was a surprise guest and sang ‘Defying Gravity’.
Old and current Viva members performed ‘One Day More’ from Les Mis in tribute to Viva’s musical director, Steve Kenna, who died earlier this year.
A spokesman for Viva said: “What a brilliant evening with awards, performances and being with a fantastic group of people who all work tirelessly throughout the year to make Viva the success it is.
You may also want to watch:
“Thank you to everyone who came along and made it such a great evening.
“Bring on another busy and fun 2017.”
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
Local photographer Mike Rouse said: “It was just a lovely evening and The Brook at Soham was packed.”