Visitors to Ely market step back in time at Street Life team’s pop-up exhibition
- Credit: Archant
Visitors to Ely market took a step back in time as Viva Arts and Community Group’s Street Life team dressed up in wartime costumes as part of a pop-up exhibition.
“After the success of Viva’s previous Heritage Lottery funded project we are back with a new and exciting venture,” said a spokesman for the Street Life project.
“Street Life not only focuses on Viva’s immediate community in Soham but has headed out into East Cambridgeshire to cover Ely, Littleport and Chatteris.
“The project is a bridge for local people to discover who lived and worked in their towns (possibly even their own houses) during the war from 1939-1945.
“Using research and oral history interviews we have amassed a wealth of information that is displayed in our unique pop-up exhibition.
“Displays and interactive activities combine to give a real flavour of what day to day life was like for ordinary people on the home front in local towns during this tumultuous time.”
Viva said: “The sun was out and we had some very special visitors at Ely market. It was a fantastic day.”
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 'Normally unacceptable' barn demolition wins green light
- 3 Police take a tough stance as begging crackdown continues
- 4 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 5 Motorcyclist caught ‘speeding over 100mph’ past police near Ely
- 6 Ely Heroes winner, Alison, attends royal garden party after three-year wait
- 7 ‘Wonderful’ Thanksgiving Evensong as Archdeacon steps down from role after 17 years
- 8 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
- 9 Latino 'feeling' comes together for South American venue on launch night
- 10 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
The exhibition comes to Prickwillow Museum this Saturday, April 22.
It will be held in the car park from 11am until 3pm and is free to visit. Normal admission charges apply for entry to the museum, which opens from 11am to 4pm.