Visitors to Ely market step back in time at Street Life team’s pop-up exhibition
- Credit: Archant
Visitors to Ely market took a step back in time as Viva Arts and Community Group’s Street Life team dressed up in wartime costumes as part of a pop-up exhibition.
“After the success of Viva’s previous Heritage Lottery funded project we are back with a new and exciting venture,” said a spokesman for the Street Life project.
“Street Life not only focuses on Viva’s immediate community in Soham but has headed out into East Cambridgeshire to cover Ely, Littleport and Chatteris.
“The project is a bridge for local people to discover who lived and worked in their towns (possibly even their own houses) during the war from 1939-1945.
“Using research and oral history interviews we have amassed a wealth of information that is displayed in our unique pop-up exhibition.
You may also want to watch:
“Displays and interactive activities combine to give a real flavour of what day to day life was like for ordinary people on the home front in local towns during this tumultuous time.”
Viva said: “The sun was out and we had some very special visitors at Ely market. It was a fantastic day.”
- 1 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 9 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 10 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
The exhibition comes to Prickwillow Museum this Saturday, April 22.
It will be held in the car park from 11am until 3pm and is free to visit. Normal admission charges apply for entry to the museum, which opens from 11am to 4pm.