Vintage chic at a one off boutique in Ely
- Credit: Archant
Creating a vintage style boutique helped raise an extra £200 for an Ely charity shop.
Volunteers sectioned off an area of the Cancer Care UK store to set up retro clothing in a special vintage day.
Elizabeth Robertson, assistant manager, said: “We had clothing and accessories, it was great the extra interest it generated.
“We wanted to let people know the range of amazing donations we get in store and raised an extra £200 in addition to what we would normally take on the till on a Saturday.”
Staff spent two months putting items to one side that they felt could be included in the one day boutique section.
You may also want to watch:
“It shows you what can be achieved teaming together retro items, people were putting things together and coming up with some really good outfits.
“It was such a good day we are certainly hoping to hold another in the near future,” she said.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k