Village shop given new lease of life
A CONVENIENCE shop in Little Downham has been spared from closure by new owners.
The Village Convenience Shop, in Main Street, closed at the end of last year and the former owners put the property on the market.
The shop, which sold everything from teabags to toolkits, sat empty over the busy Christmas period until the last few weeks when the shop was take off the market by a new owner.
Only half the floor space is being utilised however, and the store manager is looking for ideas on what villagers would like to see.
Emma Lee said: “At the moment we have only got half of the shop open and we are looking for ideas for the other half of it. If there is anything people would like to see on the shelves, get in touch with us at the shop.”
To get in touch, call the shop on 01353 669500.
- 1 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 2 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 3 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 4 A10 dualling facing new challenges
- 5 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins
- 6 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 7 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 8 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 9 LETTERS TO THE EDITOR: You have your say
- 10 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash