Dashcam captures the moment motorcyclist narrowly misses car
- Credit: Les Herridge
A motorcyclist had a near miss along a Fenland road when they were inches away from hitting a car.
The motorcyclist was heading along the B1093 Wimblington Road out of Manea on September 9 when they saw a Mercedes approach as it tried to overtake an agricultural vehicle.
Les Herridge was heading back from Upwell when he captured dashcam footage of the terrifying moment.
He said: "The final approach to Manea from Wimblington Road is fairly narrow and the near side is in poor condition.
"A Mercedes driver, who seemed not to know there was a T junction coming up, shot past us and tailgated the Mantis, furiously sounding his horn multiple times, trying to overtake.”
Les said many motorists drive down the centre of Wimblington Road to "avoid ending up in the ditch" and thinks the driver of the Mantis had "little choice.
"The Mantis driver ran a real risk of being pulled into the nearside ditch," he said.
- 1 Petition launched to save village pub
- 2 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 3 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 4 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing since Wednesday
- 5 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 6 Murder trial jury told mother said she could not have children
- 7 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 8 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 9 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 10 Disciplinary action against anti-Pride pastor ‘never, ever about his religion’
“Most local drivers are familiar with the problem and keep away from the damaged section of the road.”
Les added: "The Mantis driver would have seen us keeping our distance behind him and was probably as surprised as we were to have a vehicle attempting to pass both of us."