Dashcam captures the moment motorcyclist narrowly misses car
- Credit: Les Herridge
A motorcyclist had a near miss along a Fenland road when they were inches away from hitting a car.
The motorcyclist was heading along the B1093 Wimblington Road out of Manea on September 9 when they saw a Mercedes approach as it tried to overtake an agricultural vehicle.
Les Herridge was heading back from Upwell when he captured dashcam footage of the terrifying moment.
He said: "The final approach to Manea from Wimblington Road is fairly narrow and the near side is in poor condition.
"A Mercedes driver, who seemed not to know there was a T junction coming up, shot past us and tailgated the Mantis, furiously sounding his horn multiple times, trying to overtake.”
Les said many motorists drive down the centre of Wimblington Road to "avoid ending up in the ditch" and thinks the driver of the Mantis had "little choice.
"The Mantis driver ran a real risk of being pulled into the nearside ditch," he said.
- 1 Christmas lights switch-on event cancelled over 'Covid uncertainty'
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Did you bite your husband's leg? ‘No, he knocked all my teeth out- I could not bite his leg’
- 4 Independent shop full of fresh food – despite national shortage
- 5 Body found in Wisbech road
- 6 Mark's 27 unanswered questions over volunteers to control parking
- 7 Florist's 'service with a smile' marks first year of triumph
- 8 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 9 Lucky escape for driver who 'lost control' of car
- 10 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
“Most local drivers are familiar with the problem and keep away from the damaged section of the road.”
Les added: "The Mantis driver would have seen us keeping our distance behind him and was probably as surprised as we were to have a vehicle attempting to pass both of us."