Video: Police Discover Cannabis Factories in Homes in Ely and Littleport
POLICE have seized more than �300 000 pounds-worth of cannabis in raids carried out on two properties in Ely and Littleport. The raids, which happened at around 10am, took place at addresses in Waterside in Ely and on Victoria Street in Littleport with up
POLICE have seized more than �300'000 pounds-worth of cannabis in raids carried out on two properties in Ely and Littleport.
The raids, which happened at around 10am, took place at addresses in Waterside in Ely and on Victoria Street in Littleport with up to 1000 plants being discovered by police.
Two people were arrested at the property in Ely, a 16-year-old male and a 40-year-old man, and a 33-year-old man was arrested at the house in Littleport. The three, who are believed to be of Asian origin, are being held at Parkside Police Station in Cambridge for questioning while investigations are carried out.
Both properties contained up to 500 plants, along with highly sophisticated cultivation and lighting systems in both houses. The culprits had also bypassed the properties' electricity meters and were drawing up to �20,000 of electricity straight from the mains system to help grow the plants.
You may also want to watch:
Inspector Alan Saville said: "This was clearly a very organised operation and we have managed to stop a large quantity of drugs from getting out onto the street.
- 1 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 5 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 6 Man named following fatal collision
- 7 Police increase patrols after reports of criminal damage and anti-social behaviour
- 8 Councillor shares 'perfect' vaccine experience to encourage others
- 9 Skipper eyes plans to go one better for village cricketers
- 10 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week