Video & Gallery: Thousands turn out for Soham Carnival
THOUSANDS of people flocked to Soham on Bank Holiday Monday to enjoy the return of the annual carnival and heavy horse show. Organisers believe more than 5000 people visited the Recreation Ground during the course of the day to take in a range of sights a
THOUSANDS of people flocked to Soham on Bank Holiday Monday to enjoy the return of the annual carnival and heavy horse show.
Organisers believe more than 5000 people visited the Recreation Ground during the course of the day to take in a range of sights and sounds, from fairground stalls and rides right through to horse parades and classic car shows.
Carnival goers also had the chance to enjoy a colourful array of floats and decorated vehicles at a showpiece parade before being treated to a lively performance by the Glenmoriston Pipe Band.
Chairman of the Soham Benevolent Association, Kim Botting said: "The event went extremely well, I think everyone had a really good day and the weather held which paid dividends.
You may also want to watch:
"It was also really nice to see lots of people turn up early to watch the horse parades. I wouldn't say it's a dying breed these days but it was certainly nice to see a lot of youngsters getting involved.
- 1 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 2 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 3 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 4 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 5 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 7 East Cambridgeshire is ‘home to the noisiest neighbours in the country’
- 8 Three hare coursers - with three children and three dogs in car - fined for damaging crops
- 9 Care home still 'requires improvement'
- 10 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000