Video & Gallery: Thousands turn out for Soham Carnival
THOUSANDS of people flocked to Soham on Bank Holiday Monday to enjoy the return of the annual carnival and heavy horse show. Organisers believe more than 5000 people visited the Recreation Ground during the course of the day to take in a range of sights a
THOUSANDS of people flocked to Soham on Bank Holiday Monday to enjoy the return of the annual carnival and heavy horse show.
Organisers believe more than 5000 people visited the Recreation Ground during the course of the day to take in a range of sights and sounds, from fairground stalls and rides right through to horse parades and classic car shows.
Carnival goers also had the chance to enjoy a colourful array of floats and decorated vehicles at a showpiece parade before being treated to a lively performance by the Glenmoriston Pipe Band.
Chairman of the Soham Benevolent Association, Kim Botting said: "The event went extremely well, I think everyone had a really good day and the weather held which paid dividends.
You may also want to watch:
"It was also really nice to see lots of people turn up early to watch the horse parades. I wouldn't say it's a dying breed these days but it was certainly nice to see a lot of youngsters getting involved.
- 1 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 2 Jail for bank card fraudster caught on CCTV
- 3 Prosecution threat against businesses found not to be Covid-19 secure
- 4 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 5 Man who died in road crash is named
- 6 Woman to travel 100km in her wheelchair to fundraise for autism charity
- 7 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 8 ‘Beloved’ primary school headteacher leaving after 16 years in Soham
- 9 Volunteer group's Covid-closure after raising £70,000 in 30 years
- 10 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?