Video & Gallery: Thousands turn out for Soham Carnival
THOUSANDS of people flocked to Soham on Bank Holiday Monday to enjoy the return of the annual carnival and heavy horse show. Organisers believe more than 5000 people visited the Recreation Ground during the course of the day to take in a range of sights a
THOUSANDS of people flocked to Soham on Bank Holiday Monday to enjoy the return of the annual carnival and heavy horse show.
Organisers believe more than 5000 people visited the Recreation Ground during the course of the day to take in a range of sights and sounds, from fairground stalls and rides right through to horse parades and classic car shows.
Carnival goers also had the chance to enjoy a colourful array of floats and decorated vehicles at a showpiece parade before being treated to a lively performance by the Glenmoriston Pipe Band.
Chairman of the Soham Benevolent Association, Kim Botting said: "The event went extremely well, I think everyone had a really good day and the weather held which paid dividends.
You may also want to watch:
"It was also really nice to see lots of people turn up early to watch the horse parades. I wouldn't say it's a dying breed these days but it was certainly nice to see a lot of youngsters getting involved.
- 1 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 4 SAS ‘original’ Reg Seekings to feature in book
- 5 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 6 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 7 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 8 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 9 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 10 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack