Video & Gallery: Soham bow out of FA Trophy
FA TROPHY SECOND QUALIFYING ROUND Soham Town Rangers 0 Farnborough 5 SOHAM S FA Trophy adventure is over following a comprehensive home defeat at the hands of high-flying Southern Premier League outfit Farnborough. Rangers started well enough with Andy Fu
FA TROPHY SECOND QUALIFYING ROUND
Soham Town Rangers 0 Farnborough 5
SOHAM'S FA Trophy adventure is over following a comprehensive home defeat at the hands of high-flying Southern Premier League outfit Farnborough.
Rangers started well enough with Andy Furnell twice firing wide and Billy Smith having a shot blocked by the goalkeeper, but they gifted the visitors a 14th minute opener and it was all downhill after that.
You may also want to watch:
Stuart Williams was the culprit, his under-hit back pass allowing Michael Charles to fire past goalkeeper Lea Jordan.
Charles then wasted two further chances before a brace of goals in five minutes put the tie beyond recall.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
Mark Gamble followed up to score after Jordan had parried a shot from Charles, and he then struck again with a diving header to make it 3-0.
Farnborough added a fourth goal before the break when Ryan Scott flicked home Rumbold's cross at the far post.
Rangers conceded another four minutes into the second half as Gamble capitalised on a quick break by Charles to complete his hat-trick, and only good goalkeeping by Jordan prevented matters from getting any worse.
The Greens 'keeper blocked efforts from substitute Barima, Gamble and Richardson, but could only watch helplessly as attempts from Harkness and Rumbold were deflected over the bar.
Furnell came closest to grabbing a consolation goal for the hosts, but fired just wide of the post from 20 yards.