Video & Gallery: Soham bow out of FA Trophy
FA TROPHY SECOND QUALIFYING ROUND Soham Town Rangers 0 Farnborough 5 SOHAM S FA Trophy adventure is over following a comprehensive home defeat at the hands of high-flying Southern Premier League outfit Farnborough. Rangers started well enough with Andy Fu
FA TROPHY SECOND QUALIFYING ROUND
Soham Town Rangers 0 Farnborough 5
SOHAM'S FA Trophy adventure is over following a comprehensive home defeat at the hands of high-flying Southern Premier League outfit Farnborough.
Rangers started well enough with Andy Furnell twice firing wide and Billy Smith having a shot blocked by the goalkeeper, but they gifted the visitors a 14th minute opener and it was all downhill after that.
You may also want to watch:
Stuart Williams was the culprit, his under-hit back pass allowing Michael Charles to fire past goalkeeper Lea Jordan.
Charles then wasted two further chances before a brace of goals in five minutes put the tie beyond recall.
- 1 Man dies after falling from bridge on A14 between Histon and Milton
- 2 Rogue trader tells victim: 'I'll knock your lights out'
- 3 Hickford QUITS ahead of damning report
- 4 Delivery riders and drivers wanted as Deliveroo launches in Ely
- 5 Golf club urges locals and dog walkers to ‘respect our private land’
- 6 Council leader under fire for 'culture of bullying' in wake of farmgate scandal
- 7 Letter: Four new members join 'splash pad headquarters'
- 8 My opinion on Fen Biosphere
- 9 Career mentor's 100k charity run aims to raise £1,000
- 10 Councillor says MP Steve Barclay told Tories to return £10k lockdown grant
Mark Gamble followed up to score after Jordan had parried a shot from Charles, and he then struck again with a diving header to make it 3-0.
Farnborough added a fourth goal before the break when Ryan Scott flicked home Rumbold's cross at the far post.
Rangers conceded another four minutes into the second half as Gamble capitalised on a quick break by Charles to complete his hat-trick, and only good goalkeeping by Jordan prevented matters from getting any worse.
The Greens 'keeper blocked efforts from substitute Barima, Gamble and Richardson, but could only watch helplessly as attempts from Harkness and Rumbold were deflected over the bar.
Furnell came closest to grabbing a consolation goal for the hosts, but fired just wide of the post from 20 yards.