Video & Gallery: Soham bow out of FA Trophy
FA TROPHY SECOND QUALIFYING ROUND Soham Town Rangers 0 Farnborough 5 SOHAM S FA Trophy adventure is over following a comprehensive home defeat at the hands of high-flying Southern Premier League outfit Farnborough. Rangers started well enough with Andy Fu
FA TROPHY SECOND QUALIFYING ROUND
Soham Town Rangers 0 Farnborough 5
SOHAM'S FA Trophy adventure is over following a comprehensive home defeat at the hands of high-flying Southern Premier League outfit Farnborough.
Rangers started well enough with Andy Furnell twice firing wide and Billy Smith having a shot blocked by the goalkeeper, but they gifted the visitors a 14th minute opener and it was all downhill after that.
Stuart Williams was the culprit, his under-hit back pass allowing Michael Charles to fire past goalkeeper Lea Jordan.
Charles then wasted two further chances before a brace of goals in five minutes put the tie beyond recall.
- 1 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 2 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 3 Girl, 7, left heartbroken after beloved rabbits are stolen
- 4 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 5 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 6 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 7 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 8 Princess Anne visits Wisbech's new Citizens Advice Bureau on Cambs trip
- 9 Shoplifter who stole from store 10 times in five weeks handed CBO
- 10 Hand clinic offering additional type of treatment for arthritis sufferers
Mark Gamble followed up to score after Jordan had parried a shot from Charles, and he then struck again with a diving header to make it 3-0.
Farnborough added a fourth goal before the break when Ryan Scott flicked home Rumbold's cross at the far post.
Rangers conceded another four minutes into the second half as Gamble capitalised on a quick break by Charles to complete his hat-trick, and only good goalkeeping by Jordan prevented matters from getting any worse.
The Greens 'keeper blocked efforts from substitute Barima, Gamble and Richardson, but could only watch helplessly as attempts from Harkness and Rumbold were deflected over the bar.
Furnell came closest to grabbing a consolation goal for the hosts, but fired just wide of the post from 20 yards.