Video & Gallery: Overnight Snow Brings Festive Cheer To Region
AN overnight deluge of snow may have caused many schools and offices in the region to close but it didn t dampen the festive spirit as dozens of people headed out to make the most of the wintery conditions. As much as 15cm of snow fell overnight in East C
AN overnight deluge of snow may have caused many schools and offices in the region to close but it didn't dampen the festive spirit as dozens of people headed out to make the most of the wintery conditions.
As much as 15cm of snow fell overnight in East Cambridgeshire with more than a dozen schools opting to close as driving conditions become increasingly treacherous.
For those with a day off, the opportunity to get out and christen the festive season with a snowman or two proved irresistible and in Ely's Cherry Hill Park sledges abounded as people young and old took to the slopes.
For those less fortunate however, overnight power cuts in the region caused havoc as hundreds of houses were plunged into darkness for up to three hours. Energy provider EDF, said this morning (Friday) that work would be ongoing throughout the day to restore power to those still affected.
You may also want to watch:
Rail services across East Anglia suffered minor delays and major road networks slowed to a crawl as motorists took heed of the icy conditions.
Do you have any pictures of your antics in the snow? Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Large illegal knife and 45 cannabis plants found in police raid
- 3 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 4 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 5 College and sixth form's 'gold' rating for 'outstanding' mental health provision
- 6 Photo memories of the late Prince Philip projected onto house
- 7 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 8 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 9 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 10 Boxer's 163-miles-in-a-month charity run raises £1,600