Video & Gallery: Hereos Welcome For Troops At Waterbeach
THE soldiers of 12 (Air Support) Engineer Group were afforded a heroes welcome on Friday at a special parade through the centre of Waterbeach. Hundreds of people lined the streets of the small village to applaud and welcome the soldiers, many of whom have
THE soldiers of 12 (Air Support) Engineer Group were afforded a heroes welcome on Friday at a special parade through the centre of Waterbeach.
Hundreds of people lined the streets of the small village to applaud and welcome the soldiers, many of whom have recently returned from active service in Afghanistan and Kenya.
More than 150 soldiers from the Air Support Group, made up of a number of specialist units, marched through the village centre led by the Band of the Corps of Royal Engineers.
The soldiers then took the march to the village green where Group commander Colonel Frank Noble, and Councillor Charles Nightingale from South Cambs District Council took the salute before falling out and mingling with members of the public.
You may also want to watch:
Colonel Noble said: "We are always looking for ways to engage with the local community and are very proud to continue the military association with Waterbeach that began when the first RAF Squadron arrived here in March 1941.
- 1 A10 speed limit reduced at Waterbeach after death of baby Louis Thorold
- 2 Not breaking news: Vicar has lucky escape, station closes and hotel sold
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 6 Man jailed for abusive rampage against ex-partner
- 7 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 8 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 9 Mayor fumes over ‘amateur’ foster carers claim
- 10 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors