Video & Gallery: Hereos Welcome For Troops At Waterbeach
THE soldiers of 12 (Air Support) Engineer Group were afforded a heroes welcome on Friday at a special parade through the centre of Waterbeach. Hundreds of people lined the streets of the small village to applaud and welcome the soldiers, many of whom have
THE soldiers of 12 (Air Support) Engineer Group were afforded a heroes welcome on Friday at a special parade through the centre of Waterbeach.
Hundreds of people lined the streets of the small village to applaud and welcome the soldiers, many of whom have recently returned from active service in Afghanistan and Kenya.
More than 150 soldiers from the Air Support Group, made up of a number of specialist units, marched through the village centre led by the Band of the Corps of Royal Engineers.
The soldiers then took the march to the village green where Group commander Colonel Frank Noble, and Councillor Charles Nightingale from South Cambs District Council took the salute before falling out and mingling with members of the public.
You may also want to watch:
Colonel Noble said: "We are always looking for ways to engage with the local community and are very proud to continue the military association with Waterbeach that began when the first RAF Squadron arrived here in March 1941.
- 1 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 2 Residents ‘left without a voice’ over anti-social car park behaviour
- 3 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Rainbow house brightens up lockdown
- 5 Sheep saved after taking short-cut on busy rail line
- 6 Freemasons make cash donation to support hospital cancer patients
- 7 Open-air museum due to reopen as lockdown eases
- 8 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 9 Wildlife-loving boy, 9, saves six abandoned ducklings
- 10 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal