Vide: Rangers beat Histn t g tp
RIDGEONS LEAGUE – PREMIER DIVISION Histn Reserves 2 Sham Twn Rangers 3 SOHAM had the chance t mve back t the tp f the league by winning at Histn Reserves, but sn fund themselves in truble against a team that had recently beaten them 4-1 in t
RIDGEONS LEAGUE - PREMIER DIVISION
Histn Reserves 2 Sham Twn Rangers 3
SOHAM had the chance t mve back t the tp f the league by winning at Histn Reserves, but sn fund themselves in truble against a team that had recently beaten them 4-1 in the Cambs Invitatin Cup.
The hsts put their first meaningful attack tgether after fur minutes, and when a lw crss reached Neil Kennedy he turned the ball in via the far pst fr the pening gal.
You may also want to watch:
Stuart Williams managed t deflect anther Kennedy attempt wide f the target mments later, and in the 16th minute galkeeper Lea Jrdan palmed Kennedy's 20-yard sht ver the bar as Histn went in search f a secnd.
Frm the resulting crner hwever, Sham failed t adequately clear their lines and Rsce Hippersn utjumped Jrdan t head hme Blandfrd's crss t make it 2-0.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 7 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
Rangers came mre int the game as the first half prgressed, but they were still tw gals adrift at the break.
Charles Libam almst gt them back int the match at the start f the secnd perid, but his sht bunced back ff the ft f the pst.
Five minutes later hwever, the frmer Histn striker managed t lp a sht ver Cwell and inside the far pst fr his 20th gal f the campaign.
Simn Flanz fund Jimsn with a 70th minute crss hwever, and a cl side-ft finish gt the visitrs back n level terms.
Libam's 78th minute 'gal' was disallwed fr ffside, but less than a minute later Jimsn delivered a lng thrw int the bx and Martin McNeil held ff a challenge frm Andrews t nd the ball past Cwell fr what prved t be the winner.
Libam twice came clse t increasing Sham's advantage, but Kennedy remained a persistent threat at the ther end and Rangers were mre than happy t escape with three pints after being tw dwn at ne stage.
Sham travel t Swaffham Twn in Saturday's Premier League fixture.