Victorian Day at Ely Museum is a step back in time
- Credit: Archant
Visitors to Ely Museum took a step back in time at the weekend during a Victorian Day.
There was the chance to live as a Victorian for the day and activities included tasting traditional Victorian recipes, dressing in Victorian clothes and taking a family portrait in the parlour.
There were also toys and games from the era and the chance to ‘get your chores done in traditional Victorian wash-day style’.
Michael Rouse, who attended the event, said: “Loved the Victorian Day at Ely Museum. “Some great bicycles and I got my washing done.”
A spokesman for Ely Museum said: “Living history days, finds identification afternoons, a programme of talks and many children’s activities are just some of the fun activities and events that are held throughout the year.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information about upcoming events at Ely Museum visit http://www.elymuseum.org.uk/events/
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 10 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town