Veterinary friends from Ely to run London Marathon to raise funds for Animal Health Trust
- Credit: Archant
Two friends will run the London Marathon, on April 26, in aid of the Animal Health Trust.
Ben Blacklock, 30, from Ely, an expert ophthalmologist for the trust in Newmarket, and Oriol Obradors Barat, an equine vet at Isle Veterinary Group in Ely, hope to raise £3,000.
Ben said: “I’ve worked for the Animal Health Trust since 2011 so I have witnessed first-hand all of the great work that the charity does.
“It’s been really challenging to find time to train, especially as I am running with a friend who is also a vet, but the AHT is a cause we both feel very strongly about.
“It will be an amazing accomplishment not only to run in the London Marathon but to know that we’re raising money to help improve the health and welfare of so many animals through the important work and research the AHT does for veterinary medicine.
You may also want to watch:
“For me, this is a once-in-a-life-time challenge and I’m looking forward to representing the AHT in the London Marathon.
“We’ve still got a long way to go with the fundraising however – we’re nearly a third of the way there!
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 4 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 5 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 6 Plans revealed for new A10 pedestrian bridge
- 7 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 8 Covid-19 vaccine myths ‘biggest challenge’ in progress
- 9 From Star Wars to Cambridge Arts Theatre... Actor Ian McDiarmid talks about The Lemon Table
- 10 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
“If anyone would be kind enough to sponsor us there are donation boxes all around the AHT or you can find our online Virgin Money Giving page by searching for Ben Blacklock on the Virgin Money Giving website.”