Breakfast club is boost for veterans in Ely
- Credit: Archant
A hearty start to the day saw more than 70 veterans treated to a full English at a breakfast club in Ely.
It was the first time for the event at On Par Golf Club, organised by Lee Wilson.
It gave the ex-servicemen a chance to reminisce, share stories and of enjoy lively conversation and comradeship.
Mayor of Ely, Councillor Mike Rouse, also attended for the launch.
A selection of breakfast items were on offer, including toasts, jams, eggs, bacon, sausages and beans, with veterans only paying for the cost of their meal.
You may also want to watch:
Meetings like these have been organised all over the UK for many years through the Official Armed Forces and Veterans Club.
The organisation also serves as a support network providing a relaxed and friendly atmosphere to attend.
- 1 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 4 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 5 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 6 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 7 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 8 East Cambridgeshire is ‘home to the noisiest neighbours in the country’
- 9 Three hare coursers - with three children and three dogs in car - fined for damaging crops
- 10 Environment Agency seize 52 illegal fishing devices from region’s rivers
The next meeting will take place at On Par on November 3. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.