Breakfast club is boost for veterans in Ely
- Credit: Archant
A hearty start to the day saw more than 70 veterans treated to a full English at a breakfast club in Ely.
It was the first time for the event at On Par Golf Club, organised by Lee Wilson.
It gave the ex-servicemen a chance to reminisce, share stories and of enjoy lively conversation and comradeship.
Mayor of Ely, Councillor Mike Rouse, also attended for the launch.
A selection of breakfast items were on offer, including toasts, jams, eggs, bacon, sausages and beans, with veterans only paying for the cost of their meal.
You may also want to watch:
Meetings like these have been organised all over the UK for many years through the Official Armed Forces and Veterans Club.
The organisation also serves as a support network providing a relaxed and friendly atmosphere to attend.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
The next meeting will take place at On Par on November 3. For more information email email@example.com.