Vernon Kay Drops In To Present Slimming Award
SHARON Heaps celebrated Slimming World s 40th anniversary in style by cuddling up to top television and radio presenter Vernon Kay at the company s annual awards ceremony. The local Slimming World consultant, who runs weekly groups at The Paradise Sports
SHARON Heaps celebrated Slimming World's 40th anniversary in style by cuddling up to top television and radio presenter Vernon Kay at the company's annual awards ceremony.
The local Slimming World consultant, who runs weekly groups at The Paradise Sports Centre in Ely on Wednesdays, met Vernon when he co-hosted Slimming World's glitzy event to celebrate the achievements of the most successful slimmers.
Sharon said: "Meeting Vernon was a wonderful way to end what's been a fabulous Ruby anniversary year. At my Slimming World group we've had a great time celebrating throughout 2009 and we're going to keep that buzz and excitement going right through 2010 so we can help even more people to lose weight and improve their health.
"This January I'm sure there are thousands of people out there making new year's resolutions and pledging to lose weight. I want them to know that at Slimming World you can lose weight while still filling up with "proper" food so there's no need to ever go hungry, and, at my group you'll find a room full of friendly and like-minded people ready to welcome you warmly and support you all the way to a new, slimmer you."
INFO: Sharon Heaps on 01353 861499.
Sharon Heaps, left, with Vernon Kay and Slimming World founder and chairman Margaret Miles-Bramwell.
- 1 Cambridgeshire man kicked and headbutted police officers
- 2 Casualty treated for smoke inhalation following house fire
- 3 Have your say on proposed commercial development in Ely
- 4 Threat to cancel or 'indefinitely pause' £450m Ely rail upgrade
- 5 Headteacher ‘extremely proud’ after school receives games mark award
- 6 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge arrive in Newmarket for Cambs County Day
- 7 Vehicle fire caused heavy traffic on A14
- 8 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
- 9 County Day hopes to shine light on young farmers of Cambridgeshire
- 10 Take part in survey on how council should address substandard housing