Vera James House in Ely celebrates 25 years with summer fair and a few mayors
- Credit: Archant
A residential home celebrated a milestone birthday in style on Saturday with a summer fair.
Vera James House residential home in Ely celebrated 25 years with live music and cream teas. The home was opened in 1990 by the Duchess of Gloucester.
Visitors browsed a variety of stalls and raised £500 for the residents’ amenity fund.
In attendance were Mayor of Ely Lis Every, as well as former Mayor and Mayoress Brain and Norma Ashton, who occupied the roles when the home was opened 25 years ago.
Tony Pillow, Vera James House manager, said: “A great day was had by all and it was so nice to see so many people and to be able to mark the anniversary so well.
You may also want to watch:
“Thanks to everyone for their hard work, Elsie for the organising and Ely Tool hire for supplying all the tables free of charge for the day.”
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 9 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 10 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely