Variety Evening In Memory of Sutton Teenager Raises �11,000 For Addenbrooke's Hospital
A VARIETY evening held in Witchford has helped raised thousands of pounds for the Addenbrooke s Charitable Trust. The NCCU Variety Performance, held in memory of Sutton teenager Sarah Oldham who died in a car crash in January, featured dozens of local ama
A VARIETY evening held in Witchford has helped raised thousands of pounds for the Addenbrooke's Charitable Trust.
The NCCU Variety Performance, held in memory of Sutton teenager Sarah Oldham who died in a car crash in January, featured dozens of local amateur acts and raised a staggering �11,032.
The evening, which took place in May, featured performances from Cambridge Footlights, Littleport Players, and Campaign Amateur Theatre as well as a host of others.
Event co-organiser Keith Gallois, said: "We are delighted to announce that the total figure raised is �11,032 - a staggering result for a bunch of amateurs doing their stuff on stage.
"The figure is made up not only from door receipts, but from the incredible generosity of so many."
The money raised from the event, which had the backing of Dame Judi Dench and David Cameron, will go towards a new portable CT scanner for the Neurosciences Critical Care Unit at Addenbrooke's Hospital.
- 1 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 2 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 3 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 4 Unearthed treasures to be displayed outside British Museum for first time
- 5 Izzy, 16, bids to kickstart female football revolution with new team
- 6 Petition launched to save village pub
- 7 Father accused of baby girl's murder 'had short fuse and made things up'
- 8 Gay tweet pastor claims 'constructive dismissal' as school caretaker
- 9 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 10 Woman summonsed in connection with crash that killed five-month-old Louis Thorold