VANDALS ON THE RAMPAGE: £2,500 of damage to health centre
MINDLESS vandals have smashed the windows of a health centre three times over the last eight days, causing £2,500 worth of damage. Some of the windows of Soham Health and Social Care Centre were vandalised on Wednesday night, and were boarded up, but van
MINDLESS vandals have smashed the windows of a health centre three times over the last eight days, causing £2,500 worth of damage.
Some of the windows of Soham Health and Social Care Centre were vandalised on Wednesday night, and were boarded up, but vandals struck again on Friday night, smashing more windows.
A third attack saw two more windows broken by Monday morning.
Local resident John Palmer said: "something has got to be done in the area."
You may also want to watch:
"We are all paying the bills, the taxpayers, and I'm fed up with it."
The health centre was the target of attacks earlier this year, prompting the health authority to work with the police to tackle the problem.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 7 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 8 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 9 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
- 10 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
Karen Mason, acting director of public involvement at Cambridgeshire Primary Care Trust, said: "We have been working productively with the Soham Local Neighbourhood Policing Team for some time now to address the issues of vandalism at Soham Health Centre - there has been a marked reduction in the number of incidents at the health centre over recent months and we are sincerely hoping that this latest incident is a one-off.
"Our stance remains that we will not tolerate this type of anti-social behaviour and we will continue to work closely with the police to implement preventative measures and we would appeal to members of the Soham community to report any incidents of concern in the area to the police."
INFO: If you have any information about the incidents, contact Cambridgeshire police on 0845 4564564 or Crimestoppers, anonymously on 0800 555 111.