Vandalism rampage continues
VANDALS smashed apart brick walls and broke a window on Back Hill and Station Road in Ely. Police officers were called at 1am on Friday to discover that two two-foot brick walls had been demolished and other walls in the street had been damaged. No arres
VANDALS smashed apart brick walls and broke a window on Back Hill and Station Road in Ely.
Police officers were called at 1am on Friday to discover that two two-foot brick walls had been demolished and other walls in the street had been damaged.
No arrests have been made.
This is the latest in a wave of vandalism that has swept Ely and Soham, during which a man was stabbed in the hand after confronting two men he saw slashing the tyres of his car, as reported in The Ely Standard last week.
You may also want to watch:
One Back Hill resident said: "It's like a war-zone - people have got to the point when they feel they have to take matters into their own hands and somebody could get murdered if it goes on like this.
"Ely relies on its visitors and Back Hill is en-route to the city's primary asset, the cathedral, and people will be turned off to the city when they see this sort of thing."
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
n. Anyone with information about this incident should contact Cambridgeshire police on 0845 456 456 4.