Love is in the air for Valentine’s Day fundraiser at Waitrose Ely
- Credit: Archant
Love was at the heart of fundraising on Valentine’s Day in Ely as more than £635 was collected for charity at Waitrose.
Staff were encouraged to wear red and buckets were at checkouts for customers to donate to the British Heart Foundation.
A red raffle was held with the first prize being a hamper of red products stocked by the store with various smaller prizes.
Delicious cakes decorated with red toppings were also on sale in the dining room.
Debbie Walker, community lead, said: "It was a fabulous day raising funds for an extremely worthwhile cause."
You may also want to watch:
The British Heart Foundation funds research to beat heartbreak from heart and circulatory diseases and their risk factors.
Having high blood pressure can also increase your risk of heart attack and stroke, so knowing your blood pressure could also save your life.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 9 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache