Valentine's concert by candlelight at Ely Cathedral
- Credit: CityMusic Promotions Ltd
What better way to celebrate Valentine's than with a concert by candlelight at Ely Cathedral?
With musicians from The Piccadilly Sinfonietta performing on the evening of Saturday February 12, the programme will boast baroque composer Antonio Vivaldi.
It will also feature the timeless classic 'The Four Seasons', two concertos and the work for Soprano and chamber orchestra ''Nulla in Mundo Pax Sincera'.
Among those performing will be violin soloist Harriet Mackenzie, who is an internationally renowned concerto soloist and has performed across five continents.
Her recordings include concertos with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, Orchestra Nova and the English Symphony Orchestra and these have received international acclaim.
There's also Susan Parkes, an award-winning opera singer who has sung many contrasting soprano roles internationally.
She held a scholarship at the Royal College of Music for both her undergraduate and postgraduate studies.
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 Preschool 'special in people's hearts' to close after more than 30 years
- 3 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 4 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 5 BMX star, 11, hopes world debut can lead to Olympics dream
- 6 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 7 Platinum Jubilee: The Queen's visits to Cambridgeshire in pictures
- 8 ‘Inspirational’ teacher, Esmeralda, honoured in national teaching awards
- 9 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 10 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
The Piccadilly Sinfonietta are one of the UK leading new chamber orchestras.
They regularly perform across the country, under the guidance artistic director and pianist Warren Mailley-Smith.
The concert runs from
Tickets (£19, £28, £38) are available via https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/cm/e-vprmby