US airman gets year driving ban
AMERICAN airman Byron Mills was caught drink driving in Ely s Lynn Road just weeks before he was to be redeployed. First lieutenant intelligence officer Mills, 26, of Stourgreen, Ely, was seen on a CCTV camera driving his black BMW just after midnight las
AMERICAN airman Byron Mills was caught drink driving in Ely's Lynn Road just weeks before he was to be redeployed.
First lieutenant intelligence officer Mills, 26, of Stourgreen, Ely, was seen on a CCTV camera driving his black BMW just after midnight last Wednesday.
Camera operators alerted police and two officers stopped him and breathalysed him at the roadside.
Mills was arrested after the test recorded 46 microgrammes of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath.
You may also want to watch:
On Tuesday he appeared before Ely Magistrates Court and admitted driving with excess alcohol.
He told magistrates: "If I commit another offence in the next two years I will be dismissed. I can assure you this will never happen again."
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 4 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 5 Plans revealed for new A10 pedestrian bridge
- 6 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 7 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 8 Covid-19 vaccine myths ‘biggest challenge’ in progress
- 9 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 10 From Star Wars to Cambridge Arts Theatre... Actor Ian McDiarmid talks about The Lemon Table
Mills was disqualified from driving for 12 months, fined £250 and ordered to pay £75 costs.