US airman gets year driving ban
AMERICAN airman Byron Mills was caught drink driving in Ely s Lynn Road just weeks before he was to be redeployed. First lieutenant intelligence officer Mills, 26, of Stourgreen, Ely, was seen on a CCTV camera driving his black BMW just after midnight las
AMERICAN airman Byron Mills was caught drink driving in Ely's Lynn Road just weeks before he was to be redeployed.
First lieutenant intelligence officer Mills, 26, of Stourgreen, Ely, was seen on a CCTV camera driving his black BMW just after midnight last Wednesday.
Camera operators alerted police and two officers stopped him and breathalysed him at the roadside.
Mills was arrested after the test recorded 46 microgrammes of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath.
On Tuesday he appeared before Ely Magistrates Court and admitted driving with excess alcohol.
He told magistrates: "If I commit another offence in the next two years I will be dismissed. I can assure you this will never happen again."
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 3 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 4 Village toasts Queen's Platinum Jubilee with a memorable touch
- 5 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 6 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 7 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 8 Village café battles Covid-19 delays to raise over £1,700
- 9 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 10 Corporal lines up world record 135km paddleboard trek for 'gleaming' Bobby
Mills was disqualified from driving for 12 months, fined £250 and ordered to pay £75 costs.